Join CAE’s Team 500
Join the movement that just last year:
- Established the first-ever bipartisan Senate Entrepreneurship Caucus, co-chaired by Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Tim Scott (R-SC);
- Established the first-ever bipartisan House Entrepreneurship Caucus, co-chaired by Rep. French Hill (R-AK), Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ), Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH), Rep. Bill Foster (D-IL), Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL), and Rep. Marc Veasey (D-TX);
- Released a major analysis demonstrating that, once funded, startups with women founders perform at least as well as, and frequently better, that their male-led counterparts;
- Convened a Women’s Entrepreneurship Roundtable for which twenty-two women founders from across the United States traveled to Washington, DC to participate in a two-hour discussion with the Senate Entrepreneurship Caucus regarding the unique issues, challenges, and obstacles that confront women entrepreneurs, and what policymakers can do to help;
- Supported the Research and Development Tax Credit Expansion Act, introduced by Senators Maggie Hassan (D-NH) and Thom Tillis (R-NC), which would expand startups’ ability to apply the R&D tax credit to their payroll taxes rather than income taxes, which many startups don’t have;
- Contributed to and supported the Enhancing Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century Act, introduced Senate Entrepreneurship Caucus co-chairs Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), which directs the Secretary of Commerce to conduct a two-year analysis of the decline in new business formation rates, including likely contributing factors and economic implications;
- Supported the Workforce Mobility Act, introduced by Senators Todd Young (R-IN) and Chris Murphy (D-CT), which would ban the enforcement of noncompete agreements in all but the most necessary of circumstances;
- Contributed to and supported the PROGRESS Act, introduced by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), Ranking Member of the Senate Finance Committee, which would improve startups’ access to capital by providing a first employee tax credit up to 25 percent of the first employee’s wages, and by providing angel investors with a tax credit for investing in new businesses;
- Supported the SECURE Act, enacted on December 20, 2019, which modernizes retirement security to enable small businesses and startups to band together to provide multiple-employer 401(k)-like retirement savings products to their employees.
- Published Op/Eds on critical topics such as student debt, the need for an Entrepreneur Visa, and the importance and policy needs of women entrepreneurs;
With a new Entrepreneurship Caucus now active in both the House of Representatives and the Senate – for the first time – we have an unprecedented opportunity to move the needle on a wide range of issues critical to America’s entrepreneurs.
Help us capitalize on this opportunity by becoming a member of the Team 500 movement.
In addition to supporting our work, you’ll receive:
- Special invitations to CAE events;
- Early access to CAE research reports and blog posts;
- Regular updates on legislative and regulatory developments;
- CAE merchandise.
Be an important part of the movement that’s defining the future of American entrepreneurship – support CAE as a member of Team 500!